Sunday, March 27, 2022

Sunday Stroke Survival: Holding Patterns

Right now, I'm in a holding pattern with my physical and occupational therapies. I quit showing positive gains and started losing ground as my Botox waned. I've stopped the appointment until a week after I get my next round of shots in two weeks. I found at my last sessions that I was getting more frustrated because of the back sliding progress. Better to save the billable hours with Medicare and my supplement on forward progress than waste them on frustration. In a perfect world I wouldn't have to pick and choose, but we all know this ain't a perfect world.

So, what am I doing with three extra hours a week not spoken for? I'll be pouring them into crafting projects. I've kind of pit them on hold while waiting for us to move. So much so that I even bought a plastic drawer storage container to hold it all. I had to buy another dual temp glue gun after the mini glue gun dropped a 2" piece of hot glue on my leg resulting in a 2nd degree burn just above my right knee.

While waiting for it and the longer, dual temp glue sticks to arrive My youngest granddaughter shopped at the nearest Dollar Tree for future items I'd need for my year-long crafting project plus Christmas for my huge family throng. I ended up buying a second set of storage drawers to keep it all tidy and organized. 

I'm currently looking for a folding card table to use for my battery powered sewing machine/ crafting table for the new house whenever we do move. My 600 sq ft apartment will be replaced with a master bedroom suite at about less than three-quarters the space, but that's okay because I have so little personal stuff. The craft/sewing table will fit between the wall and the side of the bed that I don't use. A queen-sized bed is way too big of a bed for me and one cat. Although it is comfortable.

So. I'm not wasting time twiddling my thumb. As for packing to move, that's not an issue. You see I've basically never unpacked since I've moved here a year ago. My clothes were packed in two large totes. One had warm weather clothes and the other was cold. I simply unpacked and repacked each tote as the seasons changed. The kitchen is another story. That will take about an hour separating my stuff from theirs. All the rest is still packed up from my move here. The rest of the house is the kids' domain. I don't what goes with us or stays. But I'll help them if they sort it.

For now, we are waiting on our seller and closing. Hopefully, it will be before the counterparts for this house.

Nothing is impossible. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Agree, Disagree, Indifferent...no matter. Even if it's to say you were here.