Monday, July 15, 2013

Monday Mailbox ~ Spotlighting- Alex J. Cavanaugh

Instead of answering e-mails today, I am choosing to spotlight an author/blogger today. I'll answer your emails next Monday. Today I'm shining the spotlight on none other than the Ninja Captain himself, Alex J. Cavanaugh. You may recall that I've mentioned him several times on this blog.

Back in 2011, I took a chance on an unknown author who wrote a sci-fi book called CassaStaR. I didn't know he was an online blogger guru and all-star at the time.

The Blurb (which caught my attention)
Few options remain for Byron. A talented but stubborn young man with a troubled past and rebellious attitude, his cockpit skills are his only hope. Slated to train as a Cosbolt fighter pilot, Byron is determined to prove his worth and begin a new life as he sets off for the moon base of Guaard.

Much to Byron’s chagrin the toughest instructor in the fleet takes notice of the young pilot. Haunted by a past tragedy, Bassa eventually sees through Byron's tough exterior and insolence. When a secret talent is revealed during training, Bassa feels compelled to help Byron achieve his full potential.

As war brews on the edge of space, time is running short. Byron requires a navigator of exceptional quality to survive, and Bassa must make a decision that could well decide the fate of both men. Will their skills be enough as they embark on a mission that may stretch their abilities to the limit?

In watching the video book trailer before my purchase only enhanced my curiosity and made me chance the $2.51 asking price for my Kindle. Watch it here. I never regretted my purchase.

Then in 2012, Alex published a second book, CassaFirE. Being how I loved the first book, there was no hesitation in purchasing the second. By this time, I found his blog via a writer's forum friend I follow. I read through his blogs and have ever since then. They are entertaining. He pays it forward by promoting other authors and bloggers.

The Blurb
From the Amazon best-selling author - CassaStar was just the beginning… The Vindicarn War is a distant memory and Byron’s days of piloting Cosbolt fighters are over. He has kept the promise he made to his fallen mentor and friend - to probe space on an exploration vessel. Shuttle work is dull, but it’s a free and solitary existence. The senior officer is content with his life aboard the Rennather. The detection of alien ruins sends the exploration ship to the distant planet of Tgren. If their scientists can decipher the language, they can unlock the secrets of this device. Is it a key to the Tgren’s civilization or a weapon of unimaginable power? Tensions mount as their new allies are suspicious of the Cassan’s technology and strange mental abilities. To complicate matters, the Tgrens are showing signs of mental powers themselves; the strongest of which belongs to a pilot named Athee, a woman whose skills rival Byron’s unique abilities. Forced to train her mind and further develop her flying aptitude, he finds his patience strained. Add a reluctant friendship with a young scientist, and he feels invaded on every level. All Byron wanted was his privacy…

Catch the book trailer here.

On his blog he states that his next one, CassaStorM, will be the last book that he'll write. I read this with sadness while I eagerly await the third installment of the Cassa series in September.  I've thoroughly enjoyed Alex's books. I even signed up for a free copy on Goodreads. Not that I'll have any chances of winning one of the six copies, but hey, it's a shot. To sign up click here. I hope September 17th gets here fast.

Check out his newly released book trailer for CassaStorM here.

No, I'm not part of his Ninja army. Just a ninja in real life. <g>I'm just one of his many fans. He writes an impressive blog too. If you are not following him you should be. He believes in paying it forward. Movie and book reviews, trivia, blog referrals, and something for just about everyone even insecure writers.

How to stalk Alex J. Cavanaugh

Blogspot from there you can follow him with Bloglovin', Linky
GoodReads
AMAZON Author Page
Twitter
Email
Google+
Or you can sign up for his blog to be emailed to you.

Happy Reading and waiting in anticipation with me for CassaStorM.

Just a nod to my favorite Ninja Captain and darn good author.

35 comments:

  1. There is no one quite like Alex.

    We worship from afar.

    Nice post.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you found me first through my books? And you really enjoyed them? Whoa! I had no idea. JL, thank you. And you are indeed part of the Ninja Army.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather- Thanks!

    Sara- I thought it was about time someone else tooted his horn for him.

    Alex- You're welcome. See I told you so. You had nothing to worry about. So many of us blogger have no inkling where we get our readership from...just thought you'd like to know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have thought to myself on how the world met the ninja Alex or not really the world, but each of us individually. one day Alex stopped over to the site a few years back, then a comment... then a friendship was born. I know he has great adventures from sites to Science Fiction... thank you for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm eagerly awaiting the third book. Maybe someday we'll be buying his music albums.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Alex's books too! Plus he's a pretty stellar human being :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jeremy- That's one thing I really like about Alex is his follow up.

    Susan- I hope he doesn't give up writing.

    Jemi- Agreed

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything you said is true. Alex is a true asset to the blogging community, and a great friend, too.
    Tina @ Life is Good

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool! I follow Alex's blog, and his books are going on my list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. JL, thanks again. I know I have thousands of similar fans, most of whom have never visited my blog, but to know you found my books first just blows my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's nice to see Alex here! Great to meet you, Jo! I agree, Alex is a blogging guru. He's an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a fan, a believer, a Casa follower, and new convert to sci fi thanks to our Ninja Captain.

    Great way to spotlight Alex.

    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Alex is a great guy! I'm looking forward to his next book coming out in September!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful post, and a great tribute to Alex. I found him the opposite way. First, via his blog due to the A-to-Z, second his books.

    Shannon at The Warrior Muse

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great to meet you, Jo. Alex is a super person, and a great writer.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a great post! Alex is awesome.

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can attest, Alex's writing is incredible. I love each of the first two books and consider them fave reads.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Y'all regular readers and overflow from Alex's blog welcome. It's good to now I'm not the only one who like Alex the writer. Hear that Alex? Now get to writing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats to Alex!!
    I've had the pleasure of reading CassaStorm early and I loved it. You won't be disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful! Alex is a true ninja with a big heart! What a wonderful post~
    So nice to meet another ninja! :D

    Congrats Alex!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm a big fan of Alex's too. His blog is THE place to find out what's going on with our fellow writers.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Jo - interesting you found Alex via his book/s .. and then us.

    I too loved Alex's CassaStar and will definitely be reading the other two ..

    Nothing is set in stone, til it doesn't happen .. so who knows Alex could work up another storm ..

    cheers to you - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  23. Jo, I have to think of something to write first!!

    Thanks everyone for the awesome comments. I'm humbled. Just a dude with a blog and some books.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Alex is a special person...
    He's our very own Blogfather!
    Writer In Transit

    ReplyDelete
  25. Alex is a wonderful :) Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Alex is a great guy, a wonderful writer, and super supportive and encouraging blogger! Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Alex is amazing. Glad you feel the same and his books are well liked.

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a nice post. Totally agree with you about Alex and his books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a great writer and blogger to spotlight.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks, guys! You rock. And you rock, Jo. What an awesome surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great spotlight Jo - and congratulations on your trilogy Alex!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Agree, Disagree, Indifferent...no matter. Even if it's to say you were here.