Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Wednesday Willies & Winners

I was walking through my overgrown garden today. Overgrown because I haven't tilled it under yet. I ran across, or rather it ran across my foot, a southeastern legless lizard. Now anyone who knows me, knows I'm deathly afraid of snakes.

Yes, this is a lizard and upon close examination you can see the gills BUT if it looks like a snale and moves like a snake...IT IS a snake in my mind. This sucker was three feet long!

Yeah, I was doing that crazy hopping dance out of the garden. It taught me not to go into the garden without my boots again...I was in sandals. WILLLIES!!!!

On the writing front- I've gotten the names and addresses for the two winners of signed paperbacks from the Halloween blog hop. The competition was hot and furious. Congratulations to...

Julie Witt
and
Chrystal McLean

Your signed copies were posted today so you should receive them shortly. Four others won downloadable versions of "Zombie Apocalypse: Redemption" but I don't have a list of those winners. WTG All who entered.

Meanwhile I've been dealing with computer issues. One hard drive failure on my desktop and a heat sensor issue with my laptop. When I looked at the cost of a new hard drive, and a new CD-DVD drive for my desktop it honestly would be cheaper to buy a new one.  It only takes money and right now all my available cash has gone into the repairs on my home.

The laptop issue is going to be a bear. There is no fixing it according to my PC guy. The machine just runs hot even with a dual fan underneath. Once it hits 80+ degrees it shuts down. I have to wait until it cools down and then start again. The temperature gauge software shows my computer normally running at 78 degrees so time is short when it works.

Keep writing and loving the Lord.

2 comments:

  1. That's a LIZARD? I'm with you on this one. Snake-like = (shivers) SNAKE.

    I had a laptop do the same durned thing. Frustrating! Here's to hoping your computer headaches will go away quickly. I struggled with mine until I finally caught a sale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, that's a lizard. The biology instructor at the local college showed me it was after my husband took it in. I still get the willies when I get that close to one.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Agree, Disagree, Indifferent...no matter. Even if it's to say you were here.