Monday, November 7, 2011

Meandering Monday

me·an·der

verb (used without object)
1. to proceed by or take a winding or indirect course: The stream meandered through the valley.
2. to wander aimlessly; ramble: The talk meandered on.

I started out well this morning with writing before the contractors showed up. Then my motivation and focus took on the meandering path. Of course when you awaken at six AM with the world quiet as it can be, work seems to flow easily.

Now normally I believe in the fastest path between two points is... you got it...a straight line.

But there is something to be said for meandering through what you are writing. Exploring avenue which pop up. Sometimes they are wild goose chases, but other times they are golden and open up a whole new dimension to what you are writing.

Since normally I do my homework with all my novels and nonfiction, this is a major deviation. I write from point A to point B. Today with the interruptions in thought processes which I've experienced for two weeks now, I found myself looking at a character in a different light. I played the what-if game. You know the one I'm talking about...what if she didn't have someone chasing her through the town with a machete? What if the zombies were organized into a true feeding undead force? What if she didn't have enough ammunition? Woah, wait a minute! The storyline for the third Zombie Apocalypse novel came into my mind. I allowed myself to play this game for several hours instead of actually putting pen to paper or fingers to the keyboard. I waited until the lunch break before I actually started jotting things down.

The air hammers tend to mess up my typing rhythm and jumble my thoughts. Tonight I sit here writing my blog and wonder what will inspire me tomorrow?

In the news is the near-earth-object (NEO) passing between the moon and the Earth. It's the size of an aircraft carrier. (4 football fields)Visible in the early evening sky with a six-inch telescope. If the scientists are wrong and it actually hits us, the estimated crater would be 1,500 square feet across. Now that would be something to write about.

Keep writing and loving the Lord.

1 comment:

  1. oooo I like! What if you hurry up and get the book done so I can read it! Lol! Nah, you take your time hon, I'm just being silly.
    Good luck with the air hammer crew and here's to lots of aspirin and ear muffs. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Agree, Disagree, Indifferent...no matter. Even if it's to say you were here.