Monday, August 8, 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy

I've spent a few days reviewing some groups on GoodReads.  It is actually a terrific site. I've learned quite a bit in just a few days. I've also been promoting "Zombie Apocalypse: Redemption." I've think I've created a gnat sized buzz for the new novel.

I spent yesterday in formatting the novel for Smashwords, paperback, and Kindle. I also generated the giveaway coupon for the e-launch. That was after doing my sermon in a church fifty miles away. 

I've written 3,200 words to the sequel of "Zombie Apocalypse: Redemption" with a working title of "Zombie Apocalypse: Travelers."  It's a little bit different this time because the storyline is coming to me in bits and pieces instead of Boom like for the first one. It just means I'll have to actually be a writer with this one and pull the pieces together. Also in reading several zombie sites I've read where authors have failed  and succeeded in their zombies stories.

This concerns me a bit. I really don't want to really tick off the fans of zombies and horror with my writing. I mean yes, the story has undead, flesh-eating zombies in an almost post apocalyptic world.  I say almost because the story starts before the major event and ends just after. I do use a zombie point of view citing the progression into becoming a zombie. One commenter said I did have a story similar to "Quarantine." But they said that after reading the synopsis I posted. I haven't seen that movie so I wouldn't know. My doubts stem from that old adage...a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing.

I've had a fairly productive weekend. How was yours?
As always keep writing and loving the Lord.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your productivity! I'm no help with zombies, though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the writing. I'm new to Goodreads too,and found you on one of the groups. Smart blog!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Agree, Disagree, Indifferent...no matter. Even if it's to say you were here.