Saturday, March 12, 2011

100 Copies Sold in 48 Hours!

I was shocked, amazed, stuptified and a few hundred other adjectives that I can't think of right now.  Pretty bad for a writers to be left with her mouth hanging open, flapping in the wind, and without words.  This may not seem like a large number to some of you, but to me it's fantastic!

Smashwords was running their e-book promotion this week and it was coupled with a spot in ereadernewstoday promoting "Escape from Second Eden." Both promotions ended today.

I had checked my sales Thursday night and figured the whole thing was a bust as far as my sales went.  A bit disheartened, but then I really didn't do much in the way of advertising either. Five copies...wohoo, yippee! I could have done that at a local indie bookstore.

I mentioned it prior to the sale on Facebook, and a couple of other online sites, but nothing huge.  Although Facebook touts over half a million members, they have to be your "friend" to get announcements unless you pay to advertise on their site. I posted the e-sale on myspace, mentioned it to my writer's groups (compuserve, linkedin and twitter).  I don't have a huge following in any of those places mainly because of my newness to all this internet stuff.  It's only a couple of lines and a link.  My fingers didn't even get cramped typing it out...a copy/paste deal.

When I checked my sales last night out of boredom.  I wasn't really expecting much at all.  I had to pull off my glasses and look at the screen for several minutes, and then I ran into the bedroom to tell my husband.  We did the Snoopy dance of happiness, you know the one I mean. Talk about a reaffirmation to an author!  I was so hyped up I awoke this morning and banged out four chapters in one of the novels I'm writing.  Now, whether I keep any of it or edit it away will have to wait until next week.  I tend to wait and edit ever ten chapters or so.

Now, I'm just waiting on the reviews.

Keep writing and loving the Lord.
Jo

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Jo, what a blast! I know you're pumped. And I'm grinning ear from ear for you. : D

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Agree, Disagree, Indifferent...no matter. Even if it's to say you were here.