Friday, December 26, 2014

Friday Fun~Some Interesting Videos

I hope y'all had a wonderful time yesterday. You probably talked too much, ate too much, and I hope were surrounded by love.

I ran across some interesting videos this week on YouTube (yeah, yeah, I spend too much time on YouTube) having to do with disabilities. They say a picture is worth a thousand words. If so, these are worth millions of words. I always say disability is a perception problem. In some ways we are more creative, determined, and more adaptable than our able bodied counter parts. The able bodied are hampered from reaching their full potential.
(All of these have YouTube standard licensing)

The first one I saw was at Rose B. Fischer's blog. It's called the Social Model of Disability by Geoff Adams- Spink. Just think if the shoe was one the other foot as this animation demonstrates so well.
The next one is also self explanatory about inclusion for disabled people. The last one is the perfect example of why I can't read for pleasure since my second stroke..on dyslexia. One of the best explanation videos I've seen to date.

So we're all in this together. Stand up and be heard.


1 comment:

I love to hear from you! Agree, Disagree, Indifferent...no matter. Even if it's to say you were here.