Friday, January 6, 2012

Typing Blind or Almost

Have you ever had a paper cut? Of course most of us have. Have you ever had a paper cut to the eye? Yeah, Murphy's Law strikes again. I was in the grocery store with the store flyer in one hand while I reached up on the top shelf for some hand soap. Whaappp! The flyer flipped back into my face. Now, most of us have been hit in the face by papers at one time in our lives or other. This actually left paper cuts on my upper and lower lid, and left small cuts on my cornea. Can we say, "OUCHIE?"

Thus, typing blind or almost. I went to the doctor this morning when my eye was swollen closed and red like I'd been punched in the face. The whole eye is infected after twenty-four hours. What makes matters worse is my right eye is sympathetic to my left injured eye, so all my vision is blurred. I can distinguish colors and vague shapes, light and dark, but that's about it. Luckily my fingers know the position of keys on my keyboard so I can type this blog. I'm hoping there aren't too many typos in it.

Little things in life get taken for granted until you aren't able to do them. Like walking outside without sunglasses on, reading the paper, watching television, driving, and a reading the microwave instructions on a package of a T.V. dinner to set the timer.

The good news is the doctor said there shouldn't be any permanent damage. If I had waited until Tuesday when my regular optomologist had an appointment open all bets would have been off. So for the next few days, I'll be in my room, twiddling my thumbs, and listening to the television. Waiting until the steroids and antibiotics take hold and I can see clearly enough again to edit, write, and just enjoy my life....I knew I should have eaten more black-eyed peas for New Year's Day....Ratzzzzzzz!

Keep writing and loving the Lord!

1 comment:

  1. Good grief, Jo! You're to second of my blogging buddies with a bad start to the year! I'd just read Charlotte Dixon's tale of woe only to get to yours. Do take care!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Agree, Disagree, Indifferent...no matter. Even if it's to say you were here.