Saturday, February 5, 2011

Twiddling My Thumbs

Today finds me with a day off sort of. A day off??? What's that? Those you have followed the Murphey saga over the years, previous to this blog, wonder if I ever get down time.

It is 1 P.M.  Prayers and Bible study are done.  My homework for the week is completed.  My husband is sleeping comfortably and no oxygen or cardiac alarms are making a god-awful racket.  My youngest daughter is in Savannah with her fiancee.  My lesson plans are done.  My sermon for tomorrow is completed and rehearsed.  Dinner is planned and cooking low and slow--a pot roast.  I've written a chapter in my new novel, Engineered Death.  I've edited several chapters in previously completed works-in-progress.  Written another 500 words to a couple of work-in- progress non-fictions.  I've read and posted in Compuserve's Books and Writers Community. I answered and returned emails from five separate accounts.  I know y'all are reading this and thinking wait a minute...this is a day off?

Yes for me, this is now considered a day off. Everything I had planned, or worked on is as complete as I want it to be at this point.  For fun, I sat back and read fellow bloggers' posting for enjoyment.  As you will probably notice I've even played around with the formatting to this blog.  Now I sit twiddling my thumbs trying to figure out what I want to do with the rest of my day.  Of course, this day off and thumb twiddling could come to screeching halt with a telephone call...in this instant, I am free with options to do what I WANT to do rather than have to do.  This is honestly a rare occasion. 

What do I do?  Hm, a hot bubble bath and a novel?  Scrapbook? Do the dishes or laundry (Ugh, what a waste of free time)?  Garden or turn the compost pile?  The options are unlimited.  How many of us have said...if I only had the time?  I've got it!  I think I'll blog about twiddling my thumbs. And there you have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Agree, Disagree, Indifferent...no matter. Even if it's to say you were here.