Friday, August 16, 2013

Friday Fun~ The Decadence of Bathing with Milk Chocolate

This week I've been contemplating reopening my herbal products company. Herbal Renaissance was the dream of my husband and myself a decade and a half ago before he became ill. He was in charge of sales and promotion while I was the product designer and creator. Having degrees in herbatology and aromatherapy helped. It was a family business with two daughters handling production and a son-in-law handling shipping. It was fun. I still have doctors and people calling me for items from our product line.

I've spent a lot of time on youtube, facebook, and the web this week researching the market and innovative ideas. The one thing I absolutely loved was making bath soaps and custom fragrance oils. Even though our business closed due to my husband's illness, I still make our own bath and beauty products here at home for personal use. These also included cleaning supplies like scrubbing powder (comet), laundry soap, and dish soap. Of course now, I need help lifting pots of hot processed soap and releasing soaps from the molds being only one handed.

Credit
I saw a video on making cupcake soap. Now almost everyone loves chocolate. Imagine bathing in it with emollient rich coca butter and milk soap. Sounds decadent doesn't it? My youngest being a pastry chef sure doesn't hurt either. We decided to give it a whirl today. I'll have to let you know how it turns out and maybe post a pic or two of my own.

I talked to her yesterday about it and her mind went into overdrive...apple pie, lemon meringue, carrot cake and all sorts of yummies. Can't you just just see little pie tins filled with soap, smelling yummy enough to eat? I imagine her mind was still going with ideas for at least an hour after I hung up the phone. Whether or not we renergize our former company will take some more research. But until then, it's just fun especially now that I have a tub to bathe in again.

9 comments:

  1. You should go for it! I've never seen cupcake soaps and bet it would be a big hit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still toying with the idea. Just playing right now. But it would be a novelty angle niche for marketing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this idea. Cupcakes are so hot now.

    I only wish I could get myself safely into and out of a tub.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, maybe a shower liquid soap for you, Barb. But I think you missed the point. These cupcakes are made of soap to wash with. I don't have that problem getting safely out of my tub now. Thanks to my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds divine! I hope you can pull it off.

    Shannon at The Warrior Muse

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shannon, The first batch of "cupcakes is done. Have to wait four weeks to let them cure before we try them out. They smell good enough to eat. Jenn thought to add whipped cream to the "frosting" mixture for extra softening power so we will see. They look great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!That would be a PERFECT gift for my mother.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum. What an interesting idea... ; )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Zan Marie, It's been done for a long time. Not by me though.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Agree, Disagree, Indifferent...no matter. Even if it's to say you were here.