I've been nominated for another award. There isn't a day that goes by that I'm not nominated by someone out there for this type of award...one where creates a chain of followers. Often I think of them as chain letters via blogging or a game of tag-you're-it. Usually, I don't play, but this one struck me different.
But in promoting your blog and getting more readership, it makes sense. As I try to balance between what I can do right now and what I can't this one appealed to me. I discussed the downside of being a writer and it all comes down to perception and action.
What struck about this one was is these simple two words and image, and means to me. The words, mean to me that in the face of adversity I choose the be a bright light of hope for myself and others. The image is of one female alone a possible crowded city. That's me in my own little world and fighting against it. Despite everything going on in my world (life), I choose to "Shine On."
Thank you Deanie Humphrys-Dunne for the nomination and I accept. For those of you who don't know Deanie, she's a children's author. She's got an interesting blog.
Here are the Rules:
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- State 7 things about yourself
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
- Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award requirements.
- Seven things about myself:
- When I was a young one, my mother came out of the bathroom with a towel on her head, white robe and face cream. I frightened yelled for my father, A ghost!" My father promptly grabbed a broom and hit her on the head with it.
- When we were children, my younger sister was deathly afraid of vampires. I crawled under the bed and lie in wait for her. As she passed by, I grabbed her foot and tried to pull her under the bed with me. She broke free and ran screaming for Mama. Vampires!"
- The scene in Escape from Second Eden where a man on the plane swatted a scorpion off my mother and stomped on it...was actually me.
- The Sacrificial Lamb's antagonist was based on my ex and a compilation of every scumbag I ran across in real life as a police officer.
- The court room scene at the beginning of Surviving Hank really happened to me.
- It's no secret that I'm a fighter of injustices thrust upon me and others, but I'm actually a pacifist who only fights when cornered.
- While Ali Cross and Alex J Cavanaugh claim to be a ninja...I actually am. I hold third degree black belts in Jujitsu, Karate, and Judo. I am descended from shoguns and have ties to the yakuza by blood.
- Zan Marie Steadham at In the Shade of the Cherry Tree
- ali cross at ali cross
- Lara Lacombe at Lara Lacombe
- Nick Wilford at Scattergun Scribblings
- Thomas Wilson at Storyteller
- Hilary Melton-Butcher at Positive Letters
- Debra Giuffrida at The Reluctant Author
- Shannon Lawrence at The Warrior Muse
- Pk Hrezo at PK Hrezo
- A. M. Keller at Romantic Hearts
- Nicole Pyles at World of My Imagination
- Deniz Bevan at The Girdle of Melian
- DL Hammons at Cruising Altitude 2.0
- Jeremy at Retro Z's
- SP Bowers at SP Bowers
TAG! You're it! Keep writing and loving the Lord.