Friday, March 29, 2013

Friday Fun ~ Movies: Against the Dark

I spend a great deal of time watching films in Netflix or on television. There's a reason for that, my husband's deaf. What's the sense of going to the movies if I can't go with my best beau? I think the last movie I saw in a movie theater was when I took my #2 daughter to see Harry Potter & the Deathly Hollow Part 1 for her birthday.

Today's review is on a home viewing of...
Against the Dark  2009 "R" 94 minutes
Cast:
Steven Seagal, Tanoai Reed, Jenna Harrison, Danny Midwinter, Emma Catherwood, Stephen Hagan, Daniel Percival, Skye Bennett, Linden Ashby, Keith David
Genre:
Action Thrillers, Action Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Vampires, Action & Adventure
Synopsis
After vampires overrun planet Earth, it's up to a special ops squad leader to stamp out the bloodsuckers and save humanity. But for those who've survived and taken refuge in an abandoned hospital, hope is running out -- along with food and supplies.
My Grade
"C" for content
"D" for Acting
"No" for will I watch this again

All I've got to say is I should have known better. While Steven Seagal was fine for his usual kick-butt martial arts, he has not aged well. The older, paunchy "savior" was found lacking with few spoken lines and heavy reliance on special effects tricks. 
While keywords such as "virus," "vampires," "horror," and "action" drew me to watch. The only interesting part was the marriage of zombie eat flesh and behaviors, and the blood sucking vampire nature of the virus's mutation.

Say "pass" on this one unless your into martial arts and sword play for its own sake. It even gives "B" movies a bad rap.

6 comments:

  1. Hey you are wonderful... I wanted to thank you for the comments you leave... I promise to Eye Candy fairly soon... and you say "acting" is a "D"... it has Segal, he is a "A" Lister... right.

    Jeremy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeremy,
      You are most welcome in reference to my comments.
      Segal was never one for too many words. He still has the moves but it is the same moves although few with age.

      Delete
  2. I shall pass as well!
    Have a great Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always liked Steven Segal but in movies like Marked for Death, The Glimmerman, Out for Justice, Under Siege, Under Siege 2 Dark Territory, there are others but I can't think of them right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A.M.
      I used to like his films like the ones you mentioned but this one was a disappointment. There's something that is lost one his scowl when he has fat cheeks.

      Delete

I love to hear from you! Agree, Disagree, Indifferent...no matter. Even if it's to say you were here.