What are the steps to self-editing? EB
If you've read my blogs, you know that I only just recovered some of my self-editing techniques after my stroke here. Since then, I've had a couple of visits from "Abby," my Abby Normal brain. I still don't feel 100% confident about the process yet as I once was.
- Redundancy- this includes over use of the same words. Saying the same things over and over again. There are limits.
- Filler words such as "that"
- Passive sentences "to" plus a verb
- Read it aloud- if you have no speech impediment like I do, you'll find mistakes.
- Changes in POV, point of view. Switching from one character to another's mind or what they know ot switching up the "I" and "you."
What is your main tripping point in editing?
Keep writing and loving the Lord.