Friday, December 14, 2012

Friday Fun~ Review of "The Genesis Code"


The Genesis Code
2010  137 minutes
Starring:
Logan Bartholomew, Kelsey Sanders
Directors:
C. Thomas Howell, Patrick Read Johnson
Synopsis
 When a journalism student interviews a college hockey star, she learns that he doesn't believe science is compatible with religion.

I'd give this movie:
"A" for content.
"B" for acting with exception of Ernest Borgnine who was superb as the boy's grandfather.
"Definitely" in watch again category.

I was drawn in by the title when I was looking for something to watch the other evening. I wasn't in the mood for  horror, an overly played romance, or a sit on the edge of my seat thriller. I get in one of my moods and just want to watch something different. So I clicked "play" and was pleasantly surprised.

As you know, if you've been reading my blog for any length of time, you know I'm a minister as well as an author. One of the greatest conjecture points between Nonchristians and even Christians is the beginning of Genesis. How God created the Earth in six days. Science can clearly show that it took millions of years to create Earth, right?
I don't mean to get on a preacher's soap box here. It's just of fact.The movie marries science and the Bible, and does it beautifully. Taking a bunch of physics geeks, hockey players, an anthropology professor, and a minister. The minister's kids are one of the physics geeks and the other a journalist. Although, I personally believed that God's time and ours is a difference of perspective I couldn't have explained it half as well as this movie did. It was a real eye opener.

If you get a chance, rent it. Or if you have NetFlix, watch it. It will be well worth your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Agree, Disagree, Indifferent...no matter. Even if it's to say you were here.