Saturday, November 5, 2011

Speed Bump in Writing

This past three weeks life has been throwing me speed bumps. You know those things the the road which make you slow down or tear out the undercarriage of you car? The more I want to get on my computer and write; the more life throws at me.

I'm sitting here with work piling up and deadlines looming with nary a cohesive, creative jolt in my brain. Just too much other stuff going on. You'd think with as much morphine that my husband is on he'd be sleeping...nope.  It's this or that thing which needs doing like updating our medical insurance, life insurance, property taxes, construction workers (Did I mention I was having work done on my home?), and running hither and yon.

I haven't even read the books I downloaded onto my kindle. I'm trying to think of the last time I did an editing session in a hot bubble bath and for the life of me I can't remember...that's how chaotic my life has been. It's more quicky showers when I get a couple minutes when the power doesn't go out (twice in the past week), I'm not helping a grown daughter with her homework,complications in another daughter's pregnancy, and even my daily blog has gone kaput. I am barely sleeping which isn't helping. My twitter acct has been left by the wayside while I put out fires on all fronts.

This is one of the major reasons I hate being self employed and working at home. When you work for someone else you go to work, do your job, and then leave it at work. When you are self-employed there is always something to throw a monkey wrench into the best laid plans.

On the good side, I got my royalty check from Amazon Kindle. It was some well needed revenue and a milestone in my self publishing adventure. YIPEEE!I really wasn't expecting anything for the first year so this is progress.

Well there is always tomorrow. If you are waiting on edits and rewrites, they are coming.

Keep writing and loving the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Agree, Disagree, Indifferent...no matter. Even if it's to say you were here.