Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween Hag-Lag

Well, it's official Halloween is over for another year. I had forty-two children come to my door last night which is a far cry from previous years. It was less than expected for us. Oh well, more M&M's for me!

Parents are busy and parents are afraid to let their children go out into neighborhoods. I watched as parents drove by and stopped at each house with a light on.

I can remember with joy the hours spent in my own childhood traipsing through the neighborhood with my sack of candy. I also remember the kid who found a razor blade in his apple the hard way. It says a lot about society and the changes I've seen over the decades. Now, if you want horror all you have to do is watch the local news station instead of going to the theaters or reading a book. It's sad when you think about it.

Today is November 1st. The air is a bit crisper with a definite coolness to it at 64 degrees. I know my cousins up in the northwest are grabbing their coats with much colder weather, but for us it's a nice change from the 100+ degrees of summer. The leaves are falling and I'm finally out of my boot. Yes, after fourteen weeks my toes and foot are healed at least on the outside. The doctor tells me to expect a couple more months before it is totally healed. Good thing too, because now I can pull a sock on my foot. Can I get an "AMEN!"

I can recall a time when broken bones weren't such a long ordeal for me...like ten years ago, but with age everything slows down. I've had two weeks off from writing again. Part of this was due to illness of my hubby and the past week was just me recovering. But today I start again. I know it is also the start of that HUGE writing competition where you write 50,000 words in a month. I can never remember the alphabet letters associated with it. NANNIE-NANNIE-POO-POO, or whatever. I know a lot of authors are participating.  I have never participated in it. I write fast enough to not consider it a challenge. Believe me, when I get started not much stops me on average.

My blog got a nod from another blogger, Late Bloomers. Thanks Samantha for the nod. The pic of the award is on my other computer and will add it later. I participated in a new monster character study on her blog last month. It was a pretty interesting experience. I met Samantha at SheWrites.com.

Angel Haze's  month long blog hop is over for this year. Six lucky winners will receive either a e-version or a sign copy of "Zombie Apocalypse: Redemption." I still haven't received the list of winners yet, but will post it as soon as I do.

I checked into the Indie Author Collective's Blog-tour-de-force. But since I get a list of soldiers wanting e-books already through Operation E-Book Drop, it seemed kind of redundant to me. Of course the added benefit of joining would be more hits on my blog. But I'm not doing that bad so far this past year...0 to almost 3000 with very little effort on my part.I think I'll pass on it this time.

So I find myself coasting towards the end of the year. This is blog #40 of the SHINEonline challenge of 100 blogs in the last 100 days of the year. I'm off about three so I'll fall short of 100 unless I post a couple of blogs on the same day, but I'm not really worried greatly about it.


So as we fall into fall, and a time change...what have you got left to accomplish this year?

As always keep writing and loving the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Agree, Disagree, Indifferent...no matter. Even if it's to say you were here.