Thursday, January 1, 2015

Thursday's Tumbles and Stumbles

Happy New Year everyone and welcome to 2015. I'll only have to type it six zillion times to think of this as second nature.

Something a bit different for Thursday's Tumbles and Stumbles. As usual event, I mentally do a recap of the previous year: accomplishments, blessings, open my GITG (Give It To God) box, and review what worked well and not so well.


Have you ever noticed the older you get the faster time passes? It seems like yesterday it was 2014. Doh! It was. No, I mean New Year's Day 2014. So much has happened, didn't happen, and remained the same that the days whizzed by.

To recap...
  1. I'm thankful that God carried me through the challenges and trials of the past year. Even if he did have to remind me that I'd be easier to carry if I'd stop wiggling. My faith has carried me through another year.
  2. My dear, sweet hubby has defied all odds and still wakes up with a smile on his face when he sees me. He has now been on hospice services for 15 months. The greatest blessing of all.
  3. I'm still able to give hope for recovery a chance despite all the naysayers.
  4. Every day met a new challenge and figured out a way around it. Thinking outside the box as usual.
  5. I'm still here so my job here on Earth is not finished yet. And yes, I'm still too stubborn to give up, although the thought has fluttered across my mind.
  6. Last year, I saw the implementation of an action I started with my local stroke support group...a peer visitation system at our local hospital for stroke survivors and their caregivers. You might remember I was on pastoral staff at the hospital prior to my strokes. While I've physically been MIA from the group this year, I'm still a phone call or email away.
  7. Physically, I've had enough downs to discourage Job, but I continue on. Despite the amount of pain I'm in, or disability... it still has to be done.
  8. I've adapted my life to include some of the things I previously loved to do like learning two new ways of knitting, and how to spin my Angora wool into yarn. So far, I have spun 10 yards! It doesn't sound like much until you consider I'm spinning an inch at a time.
  9. I knitted a total of 16 shawls and 27 sets of caps and scarves for Christmas presents for friends and family. A major feat even for an accomplished knitter. 
  10. Emotionally, I've been on a roller coaster but still strive for control of my PBA without another "new" drug added my huge laundry list of prescriptions.
  11. I'm more capable than I would have believed possible at the beginning of 2013.
  12. In spite of my trepidations of having a still-wet-behind-the-ears OT. She has turned out to be a champion for my cause-recovery.
  
What's ahead for 2015 (none set in stone)...

  1. There's a new granddaughter due in June. I'm thinking of layettes sets and blankets galore, but who knows what I'll knit. I did join a loom-along with a new square afghan pattern each month for 2015 so maybe an afghan to cozy up under.
  2. More therapy to strengthen muscles weakened by my strokes. Hopefully with the aid of dry needling. If not, then continuation of my OT stretches and Botox.
  3. Enjoy each and every day that God gives me and not take it for granted.
  4. Continue to push the envelope. Try old things in new ways. Even if I recover what I lost with my strokes, no knowledge is ever wasted.
  5. I've still got those few (HAHA!) extra pounds to lose, but if my mental sanity needs a piece of decadent chocolate cake- I'll have it. 
  6. I'm going to try and write some more stories for Don't Get Your Panties  in a Wad. I've done a few writers exercises in the Books and Authors Forum and blogs to feel almost comfortable with writing again.
  7. Buy my breeding trio of Angoras. I've got a double closet cleaned out and ready to build the cages. Especially since I can spin again. (Huge grin)
  8. Keep working on having patience. It's a tough lesson to learn, but I'm getting there s-l-o-w-l-y.
  9. I'm going to spend 2015 loving, laughing, and living because I ain't dead yet.
This sounds like a plan for success to me. Nothing over strenuous like winning the lottery (I'd have to play first), nor I'm going to lose 50 lbs, nor I'm going to complete DGYPIAW. No mostly I'm going to play it by ear. Nothing spells T-R-O-U-B-L-E like a well laid plan. Ask me about Murphy's Law. I'm a Murphey and I write about it here. Stay tuned.

So what's in store for y'all?

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you and your family, Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jo .. I sure hope you have an easier year .. but I love your look at life ... love, laugh and live - because exactly we're here to enjoy as best we can.

    You set amazing examples for us all .. and I'm so pleased your dearly beloved is still with you - and the Hospices are incredible ...

    All the very best in the year ahead ... with thoughts - Hilary

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Agree, Disagree, Indifferent...no matter. Even if it's to say you were here.