Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Oopsie Daisy! My Bad

Boy oh boy, when I do something wrong, I really do it. Today I was giving Babs the Bunny her brush out and I made a discovery. Part of rabbit grooming is checking their vent periodically throughout the day to make sure feces hasn't matted over the works. This is crucial for a angora rabbit like Babs is.

As it would happen there was junk matted in her hair. It becomes a whole huge production with one hand. Luckily for me she's a good bunny. I gathered the bowl of warm water and an ample supply of paper towels and q-tips. I placed her on her back on my now non-functioning arm with her head tucked between my arm and my side. Meanwhile I'm talking to her calmly and rubbing her belly. She likes that.

As I was cleaning her up, I pulled on her vent to make sure she was clean and out popped a tiny 1/4 inch penis. So long story short, Babs the Bunny is now Buddy the Bunny. I'm sure glad it isn't Spring when I would have tried breeding him. Oy vey! That would have been a nightmare! Now I know to purchase a Babs for him.

8 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations, it's a boy!

oc1dean said...

Cigars all around

Zan Marie said...

I'll second that! When we got the two poodles, the breeder told us the chocolate was female. Not unless females lift their legs to pee. ;-) Cassie became Casey in a hurry!

Lara Lacombe said...

In your defense, Angoras have a lot of fur :)

LynnMarie said...

Oh that is SO FUNNY! well congrats on the boy you have.

Deniz Bevan said...

Aww, that's adorable! She - no, he - is adorable! Poor Buddy :-)

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Jo - well that was a surprise! Congratulations and welcome to blogland Buddy the Bunny - he looks quite a handsome creature though ..

Bet you're still laughing .. I am - cheers Hilary

Barb Polan said...

How sweet!!