Sunday, November 11, 2012

Say It With Me...

This is the world's smallest violin...and it's playing for you.

The past couple of posts have sounded like I'm constantly on the pity-pot. But although I had some downs, it's not that I haven't had ups too. You know when you hear someone else's story you feel almost feel a guilty relief that it could be you...that happened repeatedly to me this week doing the usual round of doctors.

It's all the little things in life that are often overlooked. I can bathe myself and there are many who can't. I can feed myself and many others can't. I am encouraged by loved ones while others have no one. All these things were brought home to roost with the death of a beloved friend.  She will sorely be missed for her smile and laughter. Even when she lost her memory, she still brightened everyone's day.

Today, I rejoice in the fact that after only five months after my stroke, I can still write...one of my all time favorite things to do. While mentally challenging, I can play games and remember. I can complain about everything and anything if I want to. I can praise God with full knowledge of what I'm doing and why I'm doing. I have a good enough command of the English language that I can make myself understood.

Many things we take for granted in this life and it needs to stop. So I'm focusing on what I can do. Don't Get Your Panties in a Wad is progressing. Another 600 words done in the manuscript. <bowing> Thank you. It's an accomplishment and no small feat considering my stroke. No, it's not coming together as fast as I'd like, but I'm doing it. Really, that's all that matters, isn't it?

I've reached the stage of grief over my loss where I'm in acceptance and ready to move on. Who cares besides me that there are grammatical errors or misspellings at this point? Besides me, that is. It's still a work in progress. That's what spell/grammar checkers, and editing are for. The loss of Kindle versions on Amazon bites, but it is also available at Smashwords, KOBO, Barnes and Noble, Blio, and a host of other sites in e-versions, and sales continue.

I may have lapses into the pity-pot from time to time, but they shouldn't appear here. There are many challenges in writing and the hardest part is doing it and keep doing it.

So what has awakened you lately?

Keep writing and loving the Lord.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for post this great. I'm a long time reader but ive never commented till now.


    Thanks again for the awesome post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for post this great. I'm a long time reader but ive never
    commented till now.

    Thanks again for the awesome post.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Agree, Disagree, Indifferent...no matter. Even if it's to say you were here.