Sunday, March 17, 2019

The SCS Trial Surgey is Set


 🍀HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY🍀
TO Y'ALL!
 
Well after playing phone tag (for over a week) with Emory neurosurgery in Atlanta, I've finally got some dates to share with y'all. My pre-op visit (the final one) before the Spinal Cord Stimulation trial is April 1st.

When the team nurse called and I actually got to talk to a real person, I asked her if it was an April Fool's joke because of the date. I told her that I'd been dealing with Emory for almost 18 months trying to get relief for my post stroke spasticity.

She laughed with me and told me that was the appointment. The appointment time is manageable at 1:30. But the surgery time is 7:30 AM on the 8th. I'll have to leave the house at 5 AM. Normally, this isn't a problem for me because I'm usually up at 3. But, Mel is a night owl. She normally doesn't wake up until 10 or 11 and she'll have to drive me or at least drive me home afterwards. She's going hate driving my van, but there's no way I'm going to be able to manage getting in and out of her truck afterwards. She's going to hate it, but she'll do it.

Puppy Update
Kassity is doing well. She knows her name, come, sit, nap time, and look at me as well as the hand signals for these commands. She accepts the collar and leash. The puppy even heels to it now. She especially likes praise and the treats I made for her.

Kassity is still have bouts of hiccups. You know what they say about hiccups, don't you? Well in the three weeks we've watched her grow from fifteen pounds to twenty, and become as big as Herbie except not as rotund. She's a head shorter than Nnyus. The older dog is having trouble fitting the puppy's head in her mouth. This is Nnyus' reprimand.

She now patrols the property with Nnyus. Nnyus has introduced her to the neighbors, etc. She's learning the difference between good and bad predators although she loves to watch the chickens run away from her. When outside, she's always on a mission. Her nose is always going. She wants to play with the cats, but they are having none of it. They still haven't laid into the puppy with claws yet, but it's coming.

I know I'll be alright with the surgery. I just pray that it works.

Nothing is impossible.

6 comments:

I love to hear from you! Agree, Disagree, Indifferent...no matter. Even if it's to say you were here.