Monday, February 12, 2018

Sunday Stroke Survival: Hello,Hello Out There?

Are you new strokee (survivor)? Are you an old strokee that's part of the stroke tribe (members of the now defunct Stroke Tattler)? Are you a new member of one of the other organizations that redistribute my blogs? Did you just surf the web and decided to read my blog? You've been reading (lurking) my blog for a while now but did so anonymously? Did you find this blog via one of my books?

I know you are out there. I get some 1,000 plus views per blog post. I get some 30-50 emails about my blogs any given week. But what about the rest of you? I hear y'all. "And you're complaining?" No, I'm not. Honestly, I'm not. I'm thrilled. I'm just curious to how you found my little blog and who you are. This inquiring mind here wants to know. I know where my old timers are from. I've frequented many of their sites..although I've been lazy about adding my comments for the past year or so. I'm still reading them. The stroke tribe and I have a cemented in concrete relationship starting with the Stroke Tattler. The Tattler was my first organization that redistributed my blog some five years ago. About ten nationally and internationally now have my permission to do so in bits and pieces or in its entirety.

My followers haven't increased numerically. Of course they may be followers from somewhere else  than I keep track of too. I have heard from a few that do not have a Google membership to comment on my blogs via email. Many of whom email me frequently. Everyone else is a mystery. All these views cannot be a click by mistake because they are consistent across the board. But if you clicked on me by mistake and decided to stay a while that's okay too.

I am actually puzzled about this. So hello, hello out there! Welcome to my blog family. If you feel like answering pipe up in comments or by email. Even send me a line via facebook. Although I don't frequent that website as much as I used to. My curiosity is aroused. Let me know who sent you so I might thank them.

Nothing is impossible.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jo: I get it - I sold 3 books in one day, and I really, really want to know who made that spontaneous purchase. Or was it 3 different people all picking the same day to purchase it? That's more likely, I suppose, but given the single-digit books that usually get sold in a month, why the blip?

    Also, after reading a post, I always have something to say - how come more people don't comment on everyone's blog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a self published author also, get what you are saying. I can sell 20 books in one month and none for several months.

      How come more people don't comment? About 75% never comment about anything, 6% do not have the ability,and the rest are unknown. Only .25% will always comment. I've been at this blogging thing for over a dozen years and don't expect comments. Just satisfied with being read.

      Delete
  2. I don't know anything about homesteading so I don't know what to say. Enjoy reading your posts though.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Agree, Disagree, Indifferent...no matter. Even if it's to say you were here.