Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Redefining Disability Project: Post #23


Time for another question.


   What would you like the general public to know about your disabilities, disability in general, or any other relevant subject?

This may be one of the shortest posts I've ever written. I had a stroke and have "bionic" replacement joints.
  • I ain't dead yet. 
  • Just because I'm disabled doesn't mean I cannot think, feel, or do.
  • Ask or wait to be asked before jumping in to help.
  • Just because I'm brain damaged and may talk funny doesn't mean I'm STUPID. My IQ is probably higher than yours.
Don't treat me as such.
Yep. That about covers it.

Until next Tuesday...


1 comment:

  1. Forget what I want the general public to know; I would just like my mother-in-law to. She's 84 and treats me as though I am too: this morning she gave me something to read that was titled,"When you're on the back nine." Tom didn't read it, but said she must've given it to me because it was funny. But it wasn't - it was about looking around at your old friends and seeing that they really ARE old.

    I need to spend less time with her.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Agree, Disagree, Indifferent...no matter. Even if it's to say you were here.