Thursday, August 30, 2012

I Won and Lost

Yep, that's right I won. No it wasn't some lucrative writing award or contest. I've  gotten the insurance to agree to pay for my Botox injections. I start the series today. I was on the maximum dose of Bacfloren was thinking about a pump system in my spine. I was decidedly groggly between that and the Valium. Not to mention pain meds which didn't even ease the pain a smidgen. Here's praying I do not have a negative reaction to the drug or that it doesn't work. I've done enough research on the subject.

I even managed to get another 2,500 written on the new manuscript, Don't Get Your Panties in a Wad. I told you this is a slow process on this manuscript. My brain keeps telling my fingers to type with ten fingers. LOL Right now I'm not seeing the humorous side of stroke recovery. Stand by...

What I've lost. I developed gross swelling and bruising which has been an ongoing concern for a couple of weeks. We're talking toes the size of Vienna sausages and fingers the size of hot dogs instead of pencil thin. I've had numerous occasions  of this kind of swelling caused by my heart when I'd go through congestive heart failure, but this was different. It's only on one side  (the paralyzed side) with no cardiac problems or breathing issues. Today is the first time I'm going in the see my neurologist,( yes she's that backed up in appointment)...three weeks wait. Of course by now the swelling is down to a dull roar this morning. My weight dropped by two pounds overnight. I weigh myself daily because of my heart issues. Anything over five pounds, it's call the cardiologist and massive doses of Lasix. I have been purposefully losing weight since my stroke to the tune of forty pounds since May. So with the weight increase just how much fluid am I really holding while my weight gained. Should be interesting.

With all the added weight in my arm I've pulled something in my shoulder.I no longer even have half the range of motion without severe pain that I had a month ago. I've also been fitted with four DynaSplints. Two for my wrist and fingers (one waking/one sleeping) and two for my elbow. They are just too heavy. Most days with the swelling and nerve pain I can't open my fingers enough to put them on even after an hour of attempted stretching. I've got two more to be deliver soon for my foot and ankle. This has been a very disheartening month. God, I hope all this money spent will show some progress. I was denied Social Security Disability.

So how has your two weeks been?

Keep writing and loving the Lord.

1 comment:

  1. Jo, Again,you need all our prayers. I'm so sorry this has all happened. I hope you get some relief and help today. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Agree, Disagree, Indifferent...no matter. Even if it's to say you were here.